One Second Coupon
WORLD’S FASTEST COUPON.
OAK chocolate milk is Australia’s number one cure for hungrythirsty – a state of sluggish indecision that occurs when you’re neither hungry nor thirsty but a bit of both.
With OAK fans spending more time on Snapchat and less time on Facebook, we needed to create a Snapchat promotion that was distinctively OAK.
Our solution? A coupon, but not as you know it. OAK’s one-second coupon used Snapchat to test how hungrythirsty punters were.
We combined Snapchat’s infamous self-destructing message with users’ notorious behaviour of screenshotting snaps to create the world’s first self-destructing coupon, without the need for any extra builds or add-ons.
The one-second coupons were sent to our Snapchat fans, and if they were quick enough to screenshot the coupon, they could go grab themselves a free OAK. If they missed the chance because they were in a state of sluggish indecision–hungrythirsty–we directed them to the nearest store to grab an OAK before they got another shot.
The Snapchat promotion was announced through promoted Facebook posts. Fans who added us on Snapchat were sent a snap containing a unique coupon for a free OAK. Using Snapchat’s native screenshot notification function we were able to prevent cheating and verify the coupons and engage with our audience.
And what were the results?
- We created the world’s fasted coupon.
- Launched the most successful new digital platform in OAK’s history.
- The promotion that was set to last one month, was over in just three days.
- In just a few days we became Australia’s most popular milk brand on Snapchat.
- Successful cross-channel promotion, migrating fans from Facebook to Snapchat.
- Reached and engaged with an audience of 350k fans across Facebook and Snapchat.
- All 500 coupons were redeemed. Many more tried and failed.
- Recognised by Snapchat and Adnews as “one of four brands doing it right on Snapchat”.
- 1,400 new followers on Snapchat in the first three days.